The CENIC 2008 Program Committee is seeking presentations, demonstrations, and panel discussions focused on network-enabled applications and research
related to the 2008 conference theme, Lightpath to the Stars.
Presentations should fit into one of the following categories: technology and infrastructure, teaching and learning, application development and use, trends, and/or future
developments in network technology and related applications. We are especially interested in presentations focused on research, teaching and learning activities involving multiple segments
of the K-20 community, and/or international collaborations. Projects or studies to be featured may be works-in-progress. The conference venue
will be connected to CalREN, NLR and Internet2 to enable live demonstrations of content or capability.
Past topics have included optical networking, teragrid computing, oceanography, tsunami research, disaster planning, network security, implementing IPv6,
end-to-end connectivity, quality of service, last mile solutions, wireless technology, collaborative music and dance, and collaborative medicine.
In keeping with this year's theme, we hope to include presentations in the following topic areas:
- Collaborative projects involving music and film
- Grids and "Grids for Kids"
- Sensor Nets
- Innovative teaching using national and international networks
You may also find a list of Presenter Resources for some guidance and advice on making your talk a success.
Proposals may be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com describing the presentation,
demonstration or panel discussion. Proposals should be no longer than three pages and should be submitted in MS Word, PDF, or plain text format.
Please include the following information:
- The title of your presentation,
- A brief abstract of the proposed presentation topic,
- The presentation type (presentation, demonstration or panel),
- A short biography of all presenters,
- An estimate of the time required for your presentation (keep in mind most slots are no more than 20 minutes), and
- Any presentation requirements, including A/V and network requirements.
- The deadline for proposals is November 9, 2007.
Presenters will be notified of acceptance by December 7, 2007.
Presenters may also be asked for an interim set of slides in January 2008. Final presentation slides
are due by March 1, 2008.
General questions about the program or proposals may be addressed to CENIC via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.